Qualities to look for in an Ag Lender
Agriculture has always been a tough industry and today is especially no exception. That’s why it’s more important than ever to ensure that you’re doing business with a lender that has your best interests in mind by providing you financial services that are ethical and appropriate for your goals.
Agrow exhibits many qualities that we believe define a great Ag lender. Below are some key qualities we’d like to share if you’re thinking of obtaining an agricultural loan and/or refinancing one.
- Understanding Your Business – Because Ag lending is specialized, it is important that you work with professionals who understand the industry and share your way of thinking. Large or small scale, we are here to learn about your goals and ultimately help you achieve them. Whether that be cattle, equipment, rural land or lines-of-credit, we’ve got you covered.
- Tenure in Agriculture Financing – Agrow is staffed by a team of employees with decades of lending experience. Our combined years of agricultural lending give Agrow the ability to look at your operation and identify the best customized loan package to fit your specific needs. Unlike traditional banks, Agrow understands that agriculture has its fair share of ups and downs. In fact, we expect it and that’s why we have flexibility and plans in place that other lending institutions do not offer.
- Customized Approach – At Agrow we offer fixed & variable rates, a selection of terms & amortization, and payment options that include monthly, quarterly, semi-annual & annual to help match your cash flow.
- Funding Sources – Agrow is a member of the Farm Credit system and where our primary funds come from. However, we have other funding sources including Farmer Mac, Commercial bank & Private investment. This allows us many avenues for different ventures you may want to take on and there’s no lending limit on what we can do for you. A bonus – we can lend nationally!
- Accessibility to Staff – Having a borrower-lender relationship is key, especially in this volatile industry. We are here for you just the same on a good harvest versus a bad one. Want to talk to us? Call us and talk directly to your originating loan officer. Our service doesn’t stop once your loan originates.
- Timeliness – Especially in Real Estate deals, time is of the essence. You have an offer in and need a quick close with an out-of-pocket minimum. Agrow’s goal is to be the #1 lender for Texas land loans that involves farms, ranches, pastures, recreational and investment properties. So, you can bet we’ve had our fair share of experience in this field. We meet or precede closing timelines (typically close within 30-45 days). And most importantly, we also ensure a clean title that covers you for the future.
- Your Lender Stays Your Lender – Might sound peculiar, right? However, a lot of financial institutions that originate your loan(s) sell them off or use another company to service the loan during its life. At Agrow, we originate and service all of our loans. This makes it easier on you to know that one point of contact will be all you need throughout the entirety of your loan(s) with us.
- One Stop Shop – Needing to consolidate and/or combine your loans at one institution for ease and savings? Agrow offers you the option to finance your rural land loan(s), cattle loan(s) and equipment loan(s) all in one place.
Call us at 512.892.8999 or email us at email@example.com for any inquiries. We hope to be working alongside you soon!